Answers to Bizzie's Quiz
1. Select the two states that Allen Hummingbirds live in.
2. Which weighs more, an Allen Hummingbird or a nickel?
b. A nickel
3. Hummingbirds eat the following items.
c. Small insects
4. To attract a female, the male Allen Hummingbird will fly high in the sky,
then dive straight down, forming which letter of the alphabet?
5. What unique ability does a hummingbird have compared to any other bird species?
d. They can fly backwards.
6. A female Allen Hummingbird lays what color of eggs?
7. The male Allen Hummingbird differs in looks from the female Allen Hummingbird by:
c. He has a red throat
8. An Allen Hummingbird is afraid of other birds larger than him and will fly away from a feeder if any other bird is around. Is this correct?
9. A Hummingbird drinks from a flower by:
b. They lick with their fringed, forked tongue.
10. Who raises the baby hummingbirds?
b. Only the female
11. Hummingbirds have a very good (finish the sentence):
12. How many species of hummingbirds are there in the world?